About Me

My photo
My life consists of one full-time job after another and I wouldn't have it any other way. I believe that, sometimes, bad things happen for no reason at all. But the strength within gets us through difficult times.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Great Escape

Home is such a great escape from work, but then again, Work can be a great escape from home. Sometimes, I feel very blessed to have my two worlds where I can escape from one and run to another. Occassionally, I will have a bad day at work and I look forward to coming home where everyone loves me and needs me. Occassionally I will have a bad day at home and look forward to going to work where everyone is happy to have me there. Most of the time it flip-flops and there are those occasional days when I have great days at work and home and other times where I have a bad day at work and at home - those are the hardest days.



Are you completely confused? Don't worry - I get confused a lot. :)



Remember how I said that life can be about juggling as many balls as you possibly can? Well, there are some days at work where all 8 of my employees need me for something and I have to pick and choose who's needs are more important. Inevitably someone gets forgotten about or left out. I hate when that happens because I don't want to let them down. Thank goodness they recognize I am human and can't do it all. At home, it's the same. I'll get home from a day of being pulled in a thousand directions and I come home to my family who also all need something from me. I have the same problem. I want to take care of everyone, but inevitably someone (usually my husband) gets forgotten about or left out. I have to say that it is a nice feeling when everyone wants my attention no matter where I go! As challenging as it is, I think my hardest days are when no one needs my help with something. My days/nights drag and I find myself looking for ANYTHING to do. It's like driving a car at 100mph and coming to a school zone where you have to drive 15mph (in Nevada, that's the law). You are so used to going fast, that the minute you go slow, you tend to count the minutes until you can step on the gas and get back up to 100mph. I forget that in those moments of being forced to move that slowly it gives me an opportunity to look around, enjoy the scenary, take my time, and actually see and hear the things that are going on around me.



My greatest escape of all is when I lie in bed at night and think about all the good things that happened during the day. Somedays it is harder to pick out good things, but if I can think of a success that I had while at work and a success at home, I feel pretty satisfied with my today and I realize just how happy I am to have the life that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment