About Me

My photo
My life consists of one full-time job after another and I wouldn't have it any other way. I believe that, sometimes, bad things happen for no reason at all. But the strength within gets us through difficult times.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Will I ever sleep again??

Here's a question - how many mother's actually get a full 8 hours of sleep?? I think I am lucky if I get a full 5 hours.
You would think that on Saturdays, I could actually sleep until maybe 8am, considering I have to get up at 5am during the week. It's pretty sad when I am excited that I actually got to sleep until 6:30am. Shane is an early riser and no matter how many times I ask him to be quiet in the mornings, he just can't help himself. He has a wonderful imagination and some mornings I wake up to his imaginative games and all the noise that comes with them. It's great having an active child.
I must confess that part of my problem is that there are some really good television shows on these days and some nights I am up until 11pm trying to catch up - usually because I am still working on my "motherly" duties until 9pm. I get home at 4pm from picking up children and I immediately jump into homework and chores. I try to get a workout in, because really I need the stress-reducing exercise. Do kids really need to eat? It takes at least 3 hours per night cooking dinner, cleaning up the dinner mess, and then I start all over making lunches and then I have to clean up the lunch-making mess. Why don't I wait and clean up all at once, you ask? Because I am a crazy, neat freak that can't work in a kitchen unless it is clean. Besides, maybe if they don't eat, they won't grow and then I won't have to keep buying them new clothes every other month. In theory, it's a great idea. But at some point, my son, the human garbage disposal, will have to eat or he will destroy my clean kitchen attempting to feed himself.
Shane and I are having a mommy and me day today. We saw "Alice in Wonderland" this morning and tonight we are going to Claim Jumper for dinner. I asked him where he wanted to go to dinner and he asked to go to the place that has "the really big cheese sticks". Claim Jumper is the only restaurant that serves Mozzarella Cheese the size of your arm. It's nice having a child who chooses a nice restaurant to eat at instead of Chuck E. Cheese or McDonald's.

No comments:

Post a Comment